The Centre for Recording Achievement (CRA) is a national network organisation and a registered educational charity. It seeks to "promote the awareness of recording achievement and action planning processes as an important element in improving learning and progression throughout the world of education, training and employment".
The CRA offers a range of services to further and higher education institutions, employers and professional bodies, including:
- Expert consultancy to support the implementation of Personal Development Planning (PDP) and e-portfolio, and of employability initiatives (CRA was a partner in the National Co-ordination Team for Student Employability). CRA also supports national work to pilot and implement the new Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR).
- Evaluation of existing practice, whether in relation to PDP/e-portfolio, employability or other initiatives. Current evaluation work includes an initiative seeking to implement Problem-Based Learning, and another looking at initiatives to support student retention.
Recent CRA clients have included Universities; the Higher Education Funding Council for England; the Joint Information Systems Committee; the Higher Education Academy; and City and Guilds.
The aim of the Centre is to promote good practice across sectors in recording achievement and PDP, through:
- clarifying and promoting the values which underpin recording achievement processes wherever they may be operating
- providing expertise and services to members and non-members
- developing a base of evidence to refine theoretical understanding and practical application of recording achievement processes
- sharing expertise and experience, and strengthening the connections between policy and practice
- developing practitioner skills and competencies by providing consultancy, guidance and training on recording achievement processes for learning, employment and personal development.
This website has been established to serve anyone interested in the quality of recording achievement, PDP and e-portfolios.
For the past 25 years, there has been increasing use of a range of ways of encouraging individual learners to identify, articulate and evidence their learning and experience to add to and enrich examination qualifications.
A key benefit is for learners to reflect on this and to plan the next step in learning or employment on the basis of clearer information.
For information on our membership, click here.
CRA services are available to all, although members benefit from reduced rates. To discuss your requirements without obligation please contact Cath Hewson email@example.com or by telephone (01942 826761).